ARAMAUCA was born in Chiapas, Mexico since 2017. It is an non profit, independent, flexible and changing space, whose main objective is to promote the dissemination, research, study, development and teaching of contemporary art.
It’s goal is to generate bridges and dialogues between art and other branches of knowledge, while seeking to support the processes of reflection of artist/creators interested in linking with the local culture in Chiapas, within the current grammars of art.
ARAMAUCA is directed by visual artist Adriana Lanni Aspiazu together with other professionals
specialized in various areas of social sciences and art.
• Gallery for individual and collective exhibitions.
• Ongoing training workshops.
• Research and creation rooms.
• Artist Immersion Program in the Lacandon Jungle.
• Publication and dissemination of didactic and informative material on contemporary art in digital format.
• Development of street festivals in the city of San Cristóbal de Las Casas.
• Portfolio reviews.
• Talks, Cinema forum and workshops.
ARAMAUCA seeks to support all forms of artistic expression from a transdisciplinary approach, with special interest in contemporary languages. Its intention is to contribute to the construction and transformation of society, and to promote educational programs where various international artists are invited international to integrate into the traditional communities of Chiapas and get in touch with the ancestral knowledge and ways of life in these communities. At the same time these artist/creators will offer free workshops for the communities in with the intention to generate an exchange of knowledge and experiences.